Membership Coordinator, Performing Arts Centers, College of Visual and Performing Arts
The George Mason University, Performing Arts Centers within the College of Visual and Performing Arts, seeks qualified applicants for a Membership Coordinator. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the Position:
The Membership Coordinator (Performing Arts Centers) will grow the membership of the College’s two performing arts venues: the Center for the Arts (Fairfax Campus) and the Hylton Performing Arts Center (Science and Technology Campus). Reporting to the CVPA Director of Development, the Membership Coordinator will work with the CVPA and Hylton Center Development teams, colleagues in the College and George Mason University, as well as donors, volunteers, and patrons. The Membership Coordinator will be responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and growth of the Centers’ membership base and will assist in the creation and implementation of annual and strategic plans for each Centers’ membership programs. The position will lead the planning of annual/special membership-related events, and will coordinate with leadership of the Friends of the Center for the Arts volunteer board and Hylton Center Membership Committee. The position will be evaluated by the College based on membership growth and lead generation for major gifts.
- Direct appeal annual giving development of the Friends of the Center for the Arts and the Friends of the Hylton Center, to include data analysis and growth of donor base, strategic event oversight, stewardship, and marketing/communications;
- Support the membership of the Grand Tier Society and Copper Circle members & prospects ($1,000+/year);
- Generate prospects for major gift development by senior Development staff;
- Coordinate with team to oversee/grow stewardship of Friends membership bases;
- Serve as the liaison for the Friends of the Center for the Arts Board and Friends of the Hylton membership committee;
- Act as an ambassador to the community for the Centers to attract more patrons and members;
- Support the communications needs of the volunteers regarding the newsletters;
- Coordinate with operations and marketing staff to plan and implement the Season Preview at both venues, annual appreciation events, and other annual/special events;
- Provide onsite management as needed of membership-focused events and performances, including volunteer management oversight for performance presence; and
- Assist as needed in University and College development events, programs, and activities, many of which occur on weekends and evenings.
If you have a job or internship opportunity to share with Arts Management students and alumni, email a full description to email@example.com for posting.