Center for the Arts seeks Programming and Engagement Manager!
The George Mason University Center for the Arts (CFA) is seeking qualified candidates for a Programming and Engagement Manager. This position is responsible for planning, coordination, and implementation of artist engagements (including performances, residencies, and select special events) for CFA. In collaboration with the Director of Programming, this position will lead the conceptualization and implementation of performances and engagements in the Great Performances at Mason and Family Series, Mason Artist-in-Residence program, as well as the College of Visual and Performing Arts special initiatives. The Programming and Engagement Manager will manage relationships across CVPA, with other Mason academic units and local community partners.
- Serves as representative, authority, and liaison between George Mason University, Center for the Arts, and contracted artists/artist representatives, ensuring an exceptional overall experience to visiting artists while fulfilling contractual obligations;
- Assists Director of Programming in strategic planning and implementation of educational and engagement activities in conjunction with Center for the Arts artistic programming and College of Visual and Performing Arts special initiatives;
- Supervises full-time Artist Services Coordinator, supporting their administrative work, ensuring deadlines are met, and working with them to achieve departmental goals;
- Bachelor’s degree in a performing or visual arts discipline, Arts Administration, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Ability to multi-task the conceptualization of major long-term program initiatives while managing extensive details and deadlines;
- Strong collaborative and team leadership skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills including both written and oral communication;
- Willingness to research and master new digital technologies as they become necessary for the implementation of programming;
- General computer skills in PC operating systems and software; and
- Must currently possess an appropriate, active, valid motor vehicle operator’s license that meets all of GMU’s requirements for operating state vehicles and equipment under Mason’s Vehicle Use Policy 1411
For full consideration, applicants must complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
If you have a job or internship opportunity to share with Arts Management students and alumni, email a full description to email@example.com for posting.