Kennedy Center seeks Assistant Manager for Major Gifts
This exciting role is key team member of the Major and Leadership Gifts team at the Kennedy Center. Under the direction of the Director of Major and Leadership Gifts, the Major Gifts Assistant Manager works with key stakeholders across the Individual Giving Team to coordinate the acquisition of new donors to grow the portfolio of five- and six- figure donors. This includes coordinating tasks for collaboration with the analytics team, performing donor research, coordinating and tracking moves management, and other administrative tasks. In coordination with the team, the Assistant Manager will also support various cultivation events and committee-related activities throughout the year, which may include annual trips, meetings, and galas. The incumbent manages his/her time, resources, and work load to maximize productivity and financial results; exercises discretion; evaluates complex internal and external relationships; and regularly takes initiative to fulfill campaign objectives and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Donor Prospecting: Support the Director and Manager of Major Gifts in the development and implementation of an acquisition process for the Major Gifts portfolio
- Fundraising Administration: Coordinate all administrative aspects of major gifts acquisition and prospecting activity
- Donor Stewardship and Event Support: Support the Major and Leadership Gifts team to steward donors through KC benefits, events, and committee activities, as assigned by the Director
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of two to three years development or related experience required.
- Experience with donor research, prospect development, or analytics and intelligence, or moves management methods is required.
- Experience with Tessitura or nonprofit experience with a CRM database is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the performing arts is helpful.
If you have a job or internship opportunity to share with Arts Management students and alumni, email a full description to email@example.com for posting.